Friday, July 8, 2011

Rest, Set, GO(D)

So here we are. Everything went wrong, and everything happened in it's perfect time. I'm in the most chaos I have ever been in, and yet I see far down the road I plan to walk. I have made plans and I have watched them go down in flames, and then, I have made them again. What has made this ebb and flow survivable? What consistency lies in the heart of this panic? What hope is there in my loss after my failures?

Faith is the expectation in one thing: the relationship of Christ who dwells among us.
--Soren Kierkegaard (paraphrase)

I was wrong and then adjusted only to be wrong again. I failed and recanted only to repeat the battle. But I stand on what can not be right or wrong. It asks questions that have meaning beyond the answer. It stands and knocks, while we are a far way off it runs toward us. It is the voice in the desert and in the land of milk and honey. It is Yes and Amen, it is nearer than anything and so far from our perspective.

If I can be sure of one thing,
perhaps even wrong,
I will be sure that I am loved,
and watch the world bear that weight.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it ws the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us; we were all going directly to Heaven, we were all going the other way."

1 comment: